- You have the right to appeal this decision to the Riverside County Office of Education Board of Directors within 30 calendar days following the date of the final denial. You must visit their website to submit an appeal: Interdistrict Appeals and follow the directions outlined on this web-page.
- Should you need assistance with this process, please contact the Riverside County Board of Education directly by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 951-826-7389.
2024/2025 Transfer window opens January 2, 2024.*
- You may submit a transfer request between January 2, 2024 - March 2, 2024 for the 2024/2025 school year.
- Only schools listed are accepting transfer requests.
- Approval/Denial notices will be emailed to the email on file.
Palm Springs Unified School District is an open-enrollment district. This means that:
- You may choose to apply/request to send your child(ren) to any school in PSUSD (except to Mt. San Jacinto HS or a school at capacity).
- Approvals are made based on space availability.
- If your child is currently on an approved INTRA-District Transfer, you are not required to re-apply as long as your child remains in the same school.
- Students moving from 5th to 6th and 8th to 9th must apply for a transfer if you are requesting a school outside of your boundary.
- This includes students moving from:
- 5th to 6th and 8th to 9th
- pre-school to TK/KN
- Transfers will be accepted during the open enrollment periods ONLY.
- Transfer requests are managed through a lottery system.
- Submitting a transfer request does not guarantee school choice approval.
- Students with siblings requesting same school of attendance will be given higher priority than non-sibling transfers as long as there is space available.
- You will be notified via email if approved (update your email via ParentVUE).
- It is the responsibility of the parent to provide transportation for the student.
- Transfers may be revoked for poor attendance through School Attendance Review Board (SARB).
- If you move out of PSUSD boundaries you will need to secure an INTER-District transfer, annually, from your District of Residence, if you would like your child to remain in a PSUSD school.
- Click here to find out if you live within PSUSD boundaries. (or see PSUSD Boundary maps)
If your child is accepted to your school of choice or is currently on a transfer to a school of choice, and wishes to continue at their school, you do not need to submit a new application, unless the student is moving to a new level, for example elementary to middle and middle to high.
School of choice transfers are subject to California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) regulations. Please contact the athletic director at the school you are requesting to learn how this transfer will affect your child’s athletic eligibility. For information on available High School Academies, please contact Career Technical Education (CTE) at 760-883-2703 ext 4805010.
- For Cielo Vista Charter School contact the school directly for registration information.
- For the Dual Immersion Program contact Vista Del Monte Elementary School.
To submit a transfer request, please acknowledge you have read and understand the above information.
INTER-district transfers are District-to-District transfer such as CVUSD, DSUSD, & PSUSD.
**ATTENTION: INTER-District transfers are submitted to the district of residence and are able to submit all year long. If you are not able to submit your INTER-District transfer, please contact your district of residence.
Interdistrict Attendance Appeal Process (RCOE Appeal Process)