Student Transfer Icon

📢 2021/2022: Transfers are Closed

  • 2021-2022 Intra/Inter-District Transfers start date January 11, 2021.*

    • Middle School & High School Window: January 11, 2021 - March 5, 2021
      • This includes students moving from 5th to 6th and 8th to 9th
    • Elementary School Window: January 11, 2021 - May 3, 2021
      • This includes students moving from pre-school to TK/KN

    *Note: Schools that are not accepting transfers;

    • James Workman Middles School
    • Cielo Vista Charter School (contact Cielo Vista for registration process)
    Comments (-1)
  • INTRA-district transfers are within PSUSD; applications can be submitted from home, online (click on the link below) or in-person (online) through our computer stations in Student Services' office during business hours.


    A student ID number is required to submit an INTRA-district transfer. If you do not have an ID number you may register your child as a new student visit
    Comments (-1)
  • INTER-district transfers are District to District transfer such as CVUSD, DSUSD, & PSUSD.


    **ATTENTION: INTER-District transfers are submitted to the district of residence. If you are not able to submit your INTER-District transfer please contact your district of residence.

    Comments (-1)

  • Palm Springs Unified School District is an open enrollment district. This means that:

    • You may choose to apply to send your child(ren) to any school (except to Mt. San Jacinto HS or any other school listed above) in PSUSD.
    • Approvals are made based on space availability.
    • If your child is currently on an approved INTRA-District Transfer, you are not required to re-apply as long as your child remains in the same school.  
    • If you move out of PSUSD boundaries you will need to secure an INTER-District transfer, annually, from your District of Residence, if you would like your child to remain in a PSUSD school.
    • Click here to find out if you live within PSUSD boundaries. (or see PSUSD Boundary maps)


    Interdistrict Attendance Appeal Process (RCOE Board Bylaw 9620)

    • If a student is denied attendance at a school outside his/her district of residence, the student or student’s parent/guardian may have an appeal to the Riverside County Board of Education.
    • For information about the appeal process, please click here