MINOR CAPITAL PROJECT (MCP) REQUESTS/ SPACE ALLOCATION REQUESTS - Click Button Above to access the MCP / SAR Form
All additional changes to a school site must have Cabinet approval. Examples are shade structures, gardens, security cameras, donated or PTG funded requests, etc. An MCP form must be filled out completely and approved by Cabinet.
Changes to space at district sites also requires Cabinet approval. Examples of this could include moving to new offices, moving classes of students to a new location, etc.
The MCP Request form and the SAC Form may now be found on Informed K12. Site administrators may request new improvements and/or additions to existing facilities using the following process.
Adherence to this procedure will allow your request to receive the proper attention and, if approved, the appropriate funding.
The MCP and/or SAC Request forms are to be filled out completely and signed by the originator and site principal/Administrator.
****NOTE: The Originator and Site Principal/Administrator in a lot of cases can be the same person. Do NOT send it to the Executive Director of Facilities for the Administrator Signature.
- The completed K12 form will automatically go to the Facilities Planning Clerk for review at a Facilities Task Force Committee meeting held every Thursday for MCP’s. SAC Committee meetings are held when needed. The feasibility, scope of work, estimated costs, tentative timeline, and funding source will be reviewed. Please attach photos, quotes, or any other helpful information to the K12 For.
- If using funds other than your school site funds, please attach an email showing the appropriate administrator of those funds has given approval. Example: If using LCAP funds, attach an email from Executive Director, Student Learning showing the estimated fund request is approved using LCAP funds. Reference the M&O funding matrix area if using these funds.
- The Facilities Task Force Committee includes staff from Facilities Planning and Development, Maintenance and Operations, and Purchasing departments.
- Recommendations and/or more information may be requested by the committee, and if information is not received within 30-days, the originator will be advised and a new MCP Request will have to be submitted.
- After the committee has reviewed a completed MCP Request, it will be forwarded to the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services, who will take it to the next Cabinet meeting to review and make a final determination.
- Staff from the Facilities Planning and Development Department will notify the originator and site principal/Administrator of the status of the request and how to proceed.
- Email any questions to Loni (Yolonda) at firstname.lastname@example.org