Tier 3 Resources
Tier 3 Information
PBIS is a multi-tiered framework – three tiers, to be exact. Each tier aligns to the type of support students need.
At most schools, there are 1-5% of students for whom Tier 1 and Tier 2 supports have not connected. At Tier 3, these students receive more intensive, individualized support to improve their behavioral and academic outcomes. Tier 3 strategies work for students with developmental disabilities, autism, emotional and behavioral disorders, and students with no diagnostic label at all.
Tier 3 foundational systems include:
- A multi-disciplinary team
- Behavior support expertise
- Formal fidelity and outcome data are collected
Tier 3 practices include:
- Function-based assessments
- Wraparound supports
- Cultural and contextual fit