Welcome to the Palm Springs Unified School District. DLA provides an educational option to all elementary schools, middle schools, and comprehensive high schools. As part of ensuring a quality education for the students, policies have been unified to provide consistent expectations for our students in meeting the goals of the Palm Springs Unified School District as described by the PSUSD Mission Statement.
PSUSD Mission Statement
Students will graduate prepared and motivated to succeed in their choice of career and higher education and to contribute to the common good.
We need parents!
Stakeholders have other opportunities to gain understanding:
- A Back-To-School Night at the beginning of the school year to introduce administration, faculty, staff, and programs to students/parents.
- The School Site Council oversees the Single Plan For Student Achievement & monitors the school’s financial expenditures.
- A full-time guidance counselor is available on the DLA Campus to provide services to students and their immediate families.
- The principal maintains and an open-door policy for students, teachers, and parents to bring concerns, suggestions, and questions to the table for discussion/resolution.
- A full-time bilingual staff member supports inclusivity by providing translation services to support communications within the school community.
- Second Semester orientations for all returning students and parents.