Desert Learning Academy Overview
Desert Learning Academy ("DLA") is a school of choice within the Palm Springs Unified School District ("PSUSD"), comprising grades K-12, with locations in both Palm Springs and Desert Hot Springs. Enrollment is open to all students within the PSUSD area and the surrounding counties including, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, and Imperial. DLA utilizes a "hybrid" method of instruction that allows students to work on their own schedule during a school week to complete all assigned work.
***Please be aware that DLA is not an Adult school, if you are past your Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year of High School enrollment can't be granted***
- Hybrid Schools allow students flexibility to attend the campus as scheduled and work from home as required by assigned work.
- School of Choice allows parents to select DLA has their home school regardless of their zoned school.
- Assigned work is automatically created by the online system to support all students with completing required courses.
- As part of the Palm Springs USD students are required to complete a college preparatory curriculum equivalent to the other schools within the district.
DLA uses Edgenuity to provide relevant and rigorous learning experiences for all students. Edgenuity provides students, parents/guardians, and teachers the information necessary to aid a student to achieve their learning goals. For more information about Edgenuity and our academic structure click here.
Learning online is different from learning in a classroom and it requires a family to support the student with at-home study time, review of daily objectives, and perseverance to complete all assigned school work.
- If you are interested in considering DLA and our hybrid learning model, check out this Online Readiness Assessment.
DLA expects parents/guardians to be an active part of the learning process. Our families can participate in all school activities and work with students to achieve weekly goals. When students have completed their academic career and entered adult life, they’ll be judged not by performance on basic skills tests—but rather, by the quality of their work and the quality of their character. DLA works to promote the student as an independent learner.
General Programs Overview
Elementary School Program Overview
Middle School Program Overview
High School Program Overview
November 2021 Newsletter