Welcome to Desert Learning Academy (DLA)
Desert Learning Academy provides a hybrid learning model to students in grades three through grade 12.
Students attending DLA must adhere to the following expections in order to remain in the program:
- Engage for a minimum of five hours each school day on the Edgenuity learning platform (www.edgenuity.com)
- Participate in small group instruction and goal setting meetings at the DLA campus (Palm Springs or Desert Hot Springs):
- A minimum of once per week for all students in grades 9 through 12
- A minimum of twice per week of all students in grades 6 through 8
- A minimum of twice per week for all students in grades 3 through 5
Satisfactory Academic Progress includes the following:
- Students will maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Students will pass 70% of all coursework taken during a semester
- Students will meet 80% course work completion as defined by the lead teacher
- Students will take courses meeting the required curriculum and in High School defined as A-G
- Students will participate in and complete all mandatory testing requirements
If you are a new student to Palm Springs Unified School District, please complete the link below to register using the online portal.
Click this link to register as a new student with Palm Springs Unified School District (PSUSD).
If you would like additional information about the blended learning program offered by Desert Learning Academy, please click the link below and we will contact you shortly: