Here are some resources that may help during Distance Learning.
Low Cost Internet Service Information:
- Spectrum Internet Assist
- Comcast: "New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month."
- AT&T's Access program
- $10 per month
- Low-income and households participating in programs like SNAP, SSI, the National School Lunch Program, Head Start are eligible
- No deposit, free install, waiving all home internet data overage fees
- Check availability first and then apply if this service is available. They are anticipating a 3 to 5+ business day turnaround time in terms of application review.
- Frontier: Discounted internet access for qualified customers
- SoCal Gas CARE Program (20% Gas Discount)
- SoCal Edison CARE/FERA Program (18-30% Electric Discount)
- Lift To Rise Utility Discount Program (20-30% Gas & Electric Discount) If you are a resident of Palm Desert, Palm Springs, or Cathedral City.
- Imperial Irrigation District REAP Program (20-30% Electric Discount)
- United Way of the Desert Help2Others Customer Assistance Program ($100 Credit)
Free and confidential service - help find local resources
(800) 273-8255 or
Crisis Text Line:
Text "HOME" to 741741
24-Hour Crisis/Suicide Intervention Services (Riverside County)
Calfiornia Youth Crisis Line
24-hour Mental Health Urgent Care:
Palm Springs: 442-268-7000 (13 and Older)
Perris: 951-349-4195 (13 and Older)
Riverside: 951-509-2499 (18 and Older)
Emergency Treatment Services (ETS)
or Text SHHELP Hi to 274637
or Download the What's Up? Safehouse App
Help for the Hearing Impaired:
Mental Health - CARES LINE
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Helpline:
Trevor Project (LGBTQI)
Issues with Friends: