Here are some additional activities for students and families:
Family Center Services - PSUSD Family Center has created a this communication to keep you informed of the services they offer.
Family Connections - Weekly family-focused Social-Emotional Lesson (SEL) activities provided by PSUSD
Art Connects Virtual Student Art Competition Riverside County Office of Education is launching a virtual student art competition to help students channel their creativity during the COVID-19 school closures. Open to all students in grades TK-12.
Scholastic - Learn at Home This free resource provides your children with 20* days of exciting articles and stories, videos, and fun learning challenges. Children can complete them anytime, in any order. They can work on their own or together with you and your family.
Home Safari The Cincinnati Zoo has created Home Safari to help support students learning from home. Students will learn about a different animal each day and it includes an activity you can do from home.
Nova Labs Free digital platform for students with games and interactive activities fostering scientific exploration. Just jump right into a lab, if you create an account you can save your progress. Available Labs: Polar, Evolution, Cybersecurity, RNA, Cloud, Energy, Sun
Storyline Online Storyline Online - videos featuring actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations
Story Time From Space While in space, astronauts are videotaping themselves reading books to the children of Earth. These videos are being edited and placed on this Story Time From Space website- look under the heading ” Story Time Videos”.
Self-Esteem Videos for K-5 Self-esteem can have incredible benefits to children, including healthy social relations, better school performance, and helping them cope better in life. This website has 10 videos to help students learn about self-esteem.Free Art Lessons Art can be a great way to help students deal with stress, anxiety, and other emotions. These videos help students build up their art skills.Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times This site provides 7 support strategies to help individuals with autism during these stressful and uncertain times.All About Values - In Spanish, This Spanish website helps students learn about and explore values.Social-Emotional Lessons - Second Step During these stressful times, Second-Step is providing free Social-Emotional Lessons to students and their families.Learn to Draw with Mo Willems - Lunch Doodles Mo Willems is a Kennedy Center Education Artist. These videos help students learn to draw.Indoor Activities for Kids Looking for ideas to keep your children entertained while they are at home. Here is a list of 100 easy and low-cost indoor activities for kids.
- The Louvre, Paris, France
- National Women’s History Museum
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- Guggenheim Museum, New York
- Google - Arts and Culture - Virtual Museum Tours Museums Included: Uffizi Gallery; Museum of Modern Art (MoMA); J. Paul Getty Museum; British Museum, London; National Museum, New Delhi; National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Musee d’Orsay, Paris; Pergamon Museum, Berlin; Van Gough Museum, Amsterdam; Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy; MASP, Sao Paulo, Brazil; National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, HawaiiHawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida