English Language Advisory Committee
Rio Vista ELAC is a school-level committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise school officials on English learner programs and services. Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
The Rio Vista ELAC is responsible for the following tasks:
- Advising the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Assisting in the development of the schoolwide needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
ELAC meetings are open to the public and participation is welcomed and appreciated. Below are the agendas/minutes for our meetings. Agendas are posted in the file locker below 72 hours prior to the scheduled ELAC meeting.
All meetings are in the school MPR:
- 10/6/2021 8:00am
- 1/18/2023 8:00am
- 3/8/2023 8:00am
- 4/19/2023 8:00am
ELAC File Locker & Links
- Minutes of Meetings
- School Plan for Student Achievement
- State Testing Results - CDE (Data Quest)
- Information on Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Composition Requirements & Elections
- Parents or guardians of English learners shall constitute at least the same percentage of the ELAC membership as their children represent of the student body.
- The parents or guardians of English learners shall elect the parent members of ELAC. Parents or guardians of English learners shall be provided the opportunity to vote in the election.