Guillermo Chavez, Principal
69-250 Dinah Shore Drive
Cathedral City, California 92234
(760) 770-0149 (Fax)
Cathedral City High School is one of the three high schools in the Palm Springs Unified School District, Cathedral City High School serves approximately 2,800 students in grades nine through twelve.
Cathedral City High School provides academic, co curricular and vocational programs designed to meet the rigors of district and state mandated standards. All students are welcomed into a school culture that encourages their individuality and fosters a sense of belonging. By participating in this educational community, students acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes that serve them today and in the future. Through effective communication with students, parents, educators, and the community, Cathedral City High School prides itself in consistently striving for excellence.
Cathedral City High School recognizes and promotes the active cooperation, involvement and collaboration with the surrounding business and government communities.
Cathedral City High School instills personal and social responsibility within its community of students, parents, faculty and staff. To achieve these qualities, students:
- Develop strong communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills;
- Treat all members with respect, dignity, and sensitivity;
- Practice integrity in all endeavors;
- Develop lifelong learning skills;
- Become technologically and vocationally competent.
Cathedral City High School recognizes and stresses the importance of parental responsibility in the academic and social success of every student. Parents are encouraged to:
- Actively participate in their child's education;
- Become familiar with district and state graduation requirements and college entrance requirements;
- Become familiar with the school community to ensure that each child takes advantage of the available academic, vocational, athletic, extracurricular, and support programs.
- Cathedral City High School acknowledges the importance of outstanding educators who help students achieve their full potential. The leadership of the school ensures that:
- Faculty and staff members are professional, compassionate, dedicated, and inspire students to do their best;
- Faculty and staff members are actively engaged in data-driven decision-making on a regular basis to improve their respective responsibilities of improving student achievement;
- Active communication exits among the administration, faculty, staff, students, parents, and community; and
- Teachers are continually encouraged to utilize all available training leading to implementation of the latest research based teaching strategies to meet the needs of all students.
Last updated: 10/29/2012 4:14:46 PM