- To serve children 3-5 years of age whose families qualify following funding terms and conditions of State and Federal contracts.
- To provide a program that offers a challenging and supportive environment where children can explore, question and create without fear of failure or criticism. The staff is to facilitate in the nurturing of self-confidence, problem solving and independence, in the hope of preparing each child for a positive attitude towards his/her learning years ahead.
The following are programs offered throughout the District:
Head Start-Federally funded project that provides an extensive school-year preschool program for children 4 years of age. (Children age 3 can enroll if they are disabled.) Family’s income must meet Federal poverty level requirements, offers full and part day classes. Part-Day classes operate four days per week. There is no fee for participation.
State Preschool-State funded school year preschool program that serves children 4 years of age from low-income families. Sate Preschool is modeled after Head Start, but is State funded. Family’s income must meet State requirements. Part-Day classes operate five days per week. There is no fee for participation.
Child Care-State and Federally funded program for year-round child care for children 3 to 5 years of age. The program follows the CA State Department of Education guidelines to ensure social, emotional and educational needs are met. Family’s income must meet mandated guidelines. Fees are based on a sliding fee schedule established by the State.
Private Preschool-School year preschool for children 4 years of age that provides an extensive early readiness program. Families pay on a monthly level-pay plan.
First 5-Funded through the First 5 Riverside Commission (tobacco tax dollars). School year preschool for children 4 years of age that provides an extensive early readiness program. Part-Day classes operate four days per week. There is no fee for participation.
Even Start-Federally funded year-round adult literacy program. Students are enrolled in ESL, GED and/or High School Diploma classes. Students must meet literacy and income guidelines provided by the Federal government. There is no fee for participation.
Services we provide:
- Preschool for over 650 children ages 3-5
- Parent trainings: P.R.I.C.E., Family Wellness, Family Math and Fatherhood
- Family referrals to medical, dental, and vision service providers as needed
- Kindergarten readiness curriculum
Did you know:
The ECE Programs are located at fifteen (15) sites throughout the District and serve over 650 children and 30 Even Start students.
Last updated: 2/20/2013 2:47:50 PM